Generating the Ideas and Perfecting the Details
I am a writer and editor with wide-ranging proficiency in content creation.
My experience in book and magazine development—including competitive analyses, reader surveys, and author selection—has given me the ability to adapt content for specific audiences. I’ve crafted marketing and business copy for organizations specializing in law, finance, media, and the social sciences.
Launched and ran a quarterly magazine for an educational organization in the securities industry. Circulation was about 10,000.
- Determined content of 20 articles per issue.
- Gave editorial direction to 100 journalists and experts in the investment field.
- Established fees, wrote contracts, and negotiated with authors and illustrators.
- Hired and supervised a copyeditor.
- Secured an original article by a Nobel Laureate in Economics.
Edited content of the first-ever comprehensive brochure produced by the aforementioned educational society.
Oversaw the editorial production of the second edition of an award-winning, 16-volume encyclopedia on religion (revision valued at $4.2 million in revenue), facilitating communication among 12 board members and 20 consultants.
Wrote marketing copy for 5 conferences per year that drew 5,000 digital-marketing professionals and 60 sponsors and yielded $9 million in revenue.
Reworked a 53-page business plan for the head librarian at one of the top 100 law firms in the US.
- Newsletter article describing how a well-known humanitarian organization responded to a refugee crisis.
- Newspaper article [pdf] detailing how a Girl Scout founded an innovative collection for her local library.
Products and Services
- Book and magazine development
- Hiring of authors
- Beta reading
- Substantive editing
- Copyediting / line editing
- Business and technical reports
- Nonfiction and reference content
- Marketing and advertising copy