The Investment Professional
The New York Society of Security Analysts (NYSSA—now known as CFA Society New York), which had not had a flagship periodical since the 1940s, asked me to create a magazine for its 10,000+ members. I originated and ran The Investment Professional, a quarterly publication that served as a sophisticated yet accessible resource for financial professionals.
My work included:
- Selection of typefaces.
- Design of templates for covers, feature stories, and departments.
- Development of logotype.
- Design of identity pieces consisting of business cards, letterhead, and envelopes.
- Layout of each issue in its entirety (averaging 80 pages).
- Preparation of charts and infographics.
- Art direction of illustrators.
See the editorial section for information on my editorial work for this magazine.
Over 5,000 conference attendees and subscribers per year received SES Magazine. (The SES, or Search Engine Strategies, conference series was later rebranded as ClickZ.) I redesigned the publication, establishing consistent typography and layout. I produced 14 issues (from July 2011 to October 2013), executing the design as well as editing copy. The sample at bottom is an infographic that accompanied an article (page 37) on the use of iPads and other tablets.
- Magazine design
- Typeface selection
- Logo design
- Branding and identity design
- Photo selection and correction
- Print production
- Art direction
- Editing and proofreading
- Supervision of freelancers
- Project management